VP of Engineering / Director of Engineering
Dohop is looking to hire a Director of Engineering to grow and manage our engineering team. This pivotal position has arisen at an exciting time as the company prepares for its next stage of growth. The Director of Engineering will be responsible for driving a culture of high performance, collaboration and innovation within the team. They will provide mentorship and support the professional development of the existing team, as well as leading the recruitment and onboarding process for new hires. The Director of Engineering also works closely with product managers in defining and scoping our products and features and is responsible for quality and timely delivery. We are looking for a person that has a strong technical background, relevant experience, and a passion for managing, motivating and growing an engineering team.
What you can expect to work on from day-to-day:
- Mentoring and coaching the team through regular review and feedback sessions
- Working with our engineering teams on continuous improvements of our agile-, code review and QA processes to improve efficiency, quality and delivery.
- Work with product managers on defining and scoping features with a particular emphasis on quality and delivery
- Future-proofing the team structure to allow for growth, and assigning clear roles and responsibilities
- Recruiting and interviewing candidates for engineering positions
We’d like to find someone with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, who is approachable and open
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing engineering teams
- Experience in recruiting engineers
- At least 5 years of work experience in tech and product development
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Knowledge of the travel industry is a plus
Here are some of the advantages of working at Dohop:
- Full flexibility in terms of when and where to work
- Competitive salary
- Regular social events
- Quarterly Hackathons
- Annual work-getaways (we’re going to Boston next May!)
- Green commuting grant and a shared company car to run errands during the day
- Home internet and mobile paid for
- Daily lunch provided by Dohop
- Flexible holidays – you decide when and how long you would like to take off. The minimum is 4 weeks per year
- An animal-friendly office and the possibility to pet a different dog every day of the week
Here’s what we’re looking for in people:
- You are fun, don’t take yourself too seriously, and you’re not afraid to make mistakes or make a fool of yourself every now and then
- You are welcoming, you know and appreciate that people come from different experiences, and treat everyone with respect regardless of their position in life.
- You are driven, ambitious, and hard-working. You work towards your goals, both in your personal life and at work
- You are solution-oriented and don’t mind asking difficult questions. Where others see challenges, you see opportunities
- You know your own limitations, which is why you are open-minded and willing to try new things. You know that sometimes taking a step back is necessary to move forward and that sometimes the weirdest ideas make the best solutions
If that sounds like you, apply now!
Someone from our team will review your application to see if your skills and experience match the job, and get back to you as soon as possible.
Want to know a little more about Dohop and what we do?
Dohop is an Icelandic technology company with 17 years of experience in developing innovative solutions in the field of aviation and travel. Our core technology is focused on connecting the unconnected, helping people to find and create connecting itineraries. Being at the forefront of digital innovation in the field of virtual interline technology, Dohop has developed solutions such as Dohop Interline and Dohop Intermodal for forward-thinking airlines, alliances, airports, and transport providers around the globe, including easyJet, Transavia, Air France, Deutsche Bahn, Eurowings, Vueling, and Air Transat.
Sækja um starf
The closing date for applications is December 6, 2021. Applications should be completed at www.intellecta.is. Please attach a CV and an introduction letter with the application. All applications are strictly confidential and will be answered. Job location for this role is at Dohop HQ, Iceland.
Further information can be provided by Torfi Markússon (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Einar Örn Ævarsson (email@example.com)