Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions. An emerging product-led organisation, we are headquartered in Reykjavík with a satellite office in Budapest. Our product suites are attracting new customers and expanding our international presence. In recent years, we have grown to over 70 employees and serve customers across Europe and Asia.
As a System Architect in Customer Product Delivery, you are responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of complex ATC systems to customers. You work closely with stakeholders, including sales, product managers, product development leads, customer success teams and customers, in order to understand requirements and translate them into technical specifications and designs.
As an ideal candidate, you have expertise in system architecture that enables you to guide the development of systems from conception to implementation, ensuring that they meet customer needs, and are scalable, reliable and secure.
- Design and develop system architectures that meet customer needs, taking into account factors such as scalability, reliability and security
- Work with stakeholders to identify and understand customer requirements, and translate them into technical specifications and designs
- Create and maintain system documentation, including system architecture, and specifications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including project management and product development teams, to ensure that systems are integrated effectively
- Develop and maintain system delivery standards, best practices and guidelines
- Be the technical lead of the integration and configuration of the system to be deployed to the customer
- Oversee and execute the deployment of the system to the customer
- Participate in product planning and road mapping, and contribute to technical feasibility assessments
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and system engineering practices, and evaluate their applicability to our systems
- Lead efforts to ensure that systems are scalable, reliable and secure, and develop strategies for continuous improvement
- Provide support for Business Development with demos and proposals for potential customers
Preferred experience and educational background
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in system architecture and design
- Experience in the ATC domain and related standards and guidelines is preferred
- Expertise in system architecture design, including the design of distributed systems and use of SysML
Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with networking, security (including cyber security) and infrastructure concepts
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience in customer-facing roles such as customer success, account management or sales engineering
Who we are
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions, with over 70 employees and over 20 years of successful deliveries to customers in Europe and Asia. Tern Systems is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Isavia ANS, the Icelandic Air Navigation Service Provider, that manages air traffic in the Icelandic air traffic control area.
What we offer
- An international multicultural environment
- A culture that fosters personal and professional growth
- Regular social events and activities
- A family-friendly work environment
- Flexible work hours and home office support
- Home internet and mobile package
- An on-site canteen that offers lunch, snacks and drinks
- An annual sports grant
- Optional transportation grant
All applications shall be submitted in English. To find out more about us, including information about our recruitment process, please visit https://www.tern.systems/.
Applications are stored in accordance with the Icelandic Public Archives Act.
If you have any further enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sækja um starf
All applications shall be submitteed in English through https://jobs.50skills.com/ternsystems/en/20494