CCP is looking for a talented System Administrator (sysadmin) to join its IT operations & Infosec team in Reykjavik.
The sysadmin’s main role is to deploy, manage and monitor online game services running in distributed datacenters and cloud-based platforms. The sysadmin will be working with a team of IT professionals and Software Engineers/Developers in multiple locations and time zones.
Some areas of responsibilities:
- Deploying online computer game services
- Writing and implementing configuration scripts
- Monitoring online game services, status, uptime etc.
- Improving and automating deployment processes
- Deploying game services in distributed environment, including the cloud
- 24/7 on-call duties on weekly shifts
- Supporting developers with game and deployment services
- Documenting game and deployment services
- Working with and managing Windows servers and Linux distros
- Deployment of virtual machines and resources, on-premise and in the cloud
- Monitoring and management of infrastructure and services
- Other sysadmin related tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Previous 3-5 sysadmin years’ experience and degree in IT/system administration
- 3-5 years’ experience in building resilient and distributed services
- Understanding of SQL querying and working with databases
- Experience working with IIS web servers
- Knowledge of networking and core technologies like AD design, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SSO, VPN, HTTP/S etc.
- Scripting skills in e.g. Python, PowerShell and Bash
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Fluency in English
- Microsoft certification, e.g. MSCA, MSCE
- Knowledge of using collaboration and ticketing tools like Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of automation tools like Saltstack, Chef or Puppet
- Experience in working with SCM systems like Perforce and GitHub
- Knowledge working with Linux hosts an advantage
All applications must be submitted in English.
Application deadline is October 22nd, 2018.
Sækja um starf