Staff Software Engineer
About the job
Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented, hands-on engineer to help build the next generation of fintech solutions. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Build an enterprise-grade, distributed trading platform that provides real-time access to crypto markets
- Work on developing the best possible distributed services platform using Kubernetes on top of AWS with multiple supporting tools and technologies.
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for production cloud deployments
- Be a technical subject matter expert and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, information security, and operations to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
What We’re Looking For
- A deep understanding of distributed systems architectures, trade-offs and challenges as they relate to scalability and latency in processing large volumes of data in realtime.
- Experience building highly scalable and performant enterprise software
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge – the go-to person on the team for small and large questions.
- Experience in fintech, markets, or trading is a plus
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar + 6 years of hands-on Software Development
- Experience working in the following: Java (i.e. threading, concurrency … etc), event-driven architectures (AMQP or similar), Redis, Kubernetes, Argo, Terraform, CI/CD, Docker, services meshes
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- Life and Critical illness cover
- Generous wellness reimbursement
- 24 days annual leave
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in Reykjavik’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Sækja um starf
Please visit this link to our careers and application page.