Staff DevOps -Iceland (Liquidity)
About the job
Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed.
Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented, hands-on engineer to help build the next generation of payment platform that enables banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value.
Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
Prisma is an internal platform powering the communications to crypto service providers. The platform normalizes the apis and provides a single point of entry to all supported exchanges and wallet providers. This allows Ripple products to interact with the different crypto markets in a simple and more efficient way. We are looking for a software engineer that has a passion for learning and understanding the way a complex, event driven micro-service system works and can help drive forward the development.
What You’ll Do
● Build an enterprise grade, distributed trading platform that provides real-time access crypto markets
● Liquidity sourcing and aggregation, execution algorithm modeling and implementation
● Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for
production cloud deployments
● Work with teams across the organization, including product, information security and
operations to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
What We’re Looking For
● Experience building highly scalable and performant enterprise software
● Excellent working knowledge of Java and its ecosystem (i.e. threading, concurrency …
● A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge – the go-to person on the team
for small and large questions
● Ability to encourage engineering best practices in a team and the larger department
● Experience in fintech, markets or trading is a plus
● Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar + 5 years of hands on Software Development
experience in at least one of the following technologies: Java, event driven architectures (AMQP or similar), gRPC, services meshes, etc, or Master’s in Computer Science or similar + 4 years of hands on Software Development experience in at least one of the following technologies: Java, event driven architectures (AMQP or similar), gRPC, services meshes, etc.
What We Offer
● The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry
● A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make
● Competitive salary and equity
● Life and Critical illness cover
● Generous wellness reimbursement
● 24 days annual leave
● Employee giving match
● Modern office in Reykjavik’s Financial District
● Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
● Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
● Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
● Regular all-hands in Ripple Headquarters in San Francisco or London
Sækja um starf
You can apply career website.