Software Engineer in Customer Success
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions. We are headquartered in Kópavogur with a satellite office in Budapest. Our product suites have been attracting a lot of interest, thus expanding our international presence: in recent years we have grown to over 70 employees and serve customers across Europe and Asia.
As a Tern Software Engineer, you will be able to apply your knowledge and experience in designing, implementing, verifying and deploying software systems functions and improvements. You will be working closely with experts in operational systems to build innovative solutions which solve real problems and are competitive in the industry.
As an ideal candidate, you have a thorough knowledge of software development processes. You are a team player with a keen eye for detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Design and write new software programs
- Participate in software code reviews
- Develop and maintain existing programs by analysing and identifying areas for modification
- Write operational and technical documentation
- Test software during software development
- Prepare and execute unit tests, system tests and acceptance tests
- Consult clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems
- Constantly update knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications
- Execute other tasks that are required by the respective supervisor
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical field
- 2 years or more of work experience in software development
- Experience in working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment as a software engineer (or in a similar role)
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new programming languages and technologies
- Attention to detail, resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Experience with Linux, C++, QT, QML and Docker
- Experience in developing high-availability systems
- Experience in developing distributed systems
- Good understanding of software patterns and architecture
Who we are
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions, with over 70 employees and over 20 years of successful deliveries to customers in Europe and Asia. Tern Systems is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Isavia ANS, the Icelandic Air Navigation Service Provider that manages air traffic in the Icelandic air traffic control area.
What we offer
- An international multicultural environment
- A culture that fosters personal and professional growth
- Regular social events and activities
- A family-friendly work environment
- Flexible work hours and home office support
- Home internet and mobile package
- An on-site canteen that offers lunch, snacks and drinks
- An annual sports grant
- Optional transportation grant
All applications shall be submitted in English. To find out more about us, including information about our recruitment process, please visit https://www.tern.systems/.
Applications are stored in accordance with the Icelandic Public Archives Act.
If you have any further enquiries please contact us at email@example.com.
Sækja um starf
All applications are to be submitted in English at https://jobs.50skills.com/ternsystems/21736/