Software Engineer in Customer Success
As a Tern Software Engineer, you will be able to apply your knowledge and experience in designing, implementing, verifying and deploying software systems and improvements. You will be working closely with operational systems experts to build innovative solutions which solve real problems and are competitive in the industry.
As an ideal candidate, you have a thorough knowledge of software development processes. You are also a team-player with a keen eye for detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Design, write and maintain software programs; plan and carry out unit, system and acceptance tests
- Write operational and technical documentation
- Work closely with clients and colleagues on operational systems
- Constantly update and maintain industry knowledge and skills
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical field
- Collaborative, team-oriented work ethic
- Object-oriented programming skills, attention to detail, resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Willingness to adapt to and learn new programming languages and technologies
- Experience with Linux, C++, Qt, QML and Docker
- Experience in developing high-availability systems and distributed systems
- Good understanding of software patterns and architecture
Who we are
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions, with over 70 employees and over 20 years of successful deliveries to customers in Europe and Asia. Tern Systems is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Isavia ANS, the Icelandic Air Navigation Service Provider that manages air traffic in the Icelandic air traffic control area.
What we offer
- An international, multicultural environment that fosters personal and professional growth
- A family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours and home office support (incl. home internet and mobile package)
- An on-site canteen that offers lunch, snacks and drinks
- Annual sports and transportation grant – and more
All applications shall be submitted in English. To find out more about us, including information about our recruitment process, please visit https://www.tern.systems/.
Applications are stored in accordance with the Icelandic Public Archives Act.
If you have any further enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sækja um starf
Only applications in English will be considered.