Location: Our office in Urðarhvarfi 6, 203 Kópavogur
Pollard Digital Solutions – Europe (PDS-EU) is looking for passionate and self-motivated candidates to join our agile teams in delivering reliable systems according to our customers’ needs.
Software Engineers at PDS-EU work in cross-functional teams to deliver reliable systems according to our customers’ needs. The teams work according to Agile Software Development methodologies where shared responsibility, cooperation, and team spirit are valued.
• You have a background that puts you on a path to becoming a skillful, experienced Software Engineer.
• You care about your craft and can clearly convey your passion by your actions.
• You have experience using an object-oriented programming language such as Java or C#.
• You have experience in building and interfacing with REST APIs.
• You have experience querying data with SQL.
• You have initiative and can convey your opinions and ideas in a constructive manner.
• You are willing to learn and share your knowledge and ideas with your peers.
• Your English skills, written and spoken, are good.
• You will participate in analyzing, designing, developing, documenting, testing, and installing PDS-EU’s Gaming Solutions. We also expect you to take part in code reviews, professional knowledge sharing with peers, mentoring less experienced team members, project and release planning.
Our backend stack is mostly Java, but we are experimenting with many other languages and technologies. Here are some technologies we currently use:
• Spring Boot, VertX
• REST, OpenAPI, OAuth, OpenID Connect
• Docker, Kubernetes
We are working in a cloud-based architecture and are relying heavily on AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker containers. Our architecture is quite loosely coupled and as long as we do development fulfilling APIs (REST, AMQP mainly) and containerize them as services in docker containers, we have really decent flexibility in the implementation details.
We emphasize having a great working environment and offer the following to our employees:
• A competitive wage and engaging work where quality is king!
• International, hybrid working environment
• Dedicated and experienced co-workers eager to share their knowledge (and workload!) with new members of the team
• Modern office space with high-quality equipment and cafeteria with a diverse healthy daily lunch
• A well-stocked kitchen and fridge
• Social activities organized by the humbly named, and well-funded, BEST staff association
• Events that encourage innovation such as internal hackathons
• Opportunities to attend conferences and community events, both as participants and contributors
• Professional development support
• Profit sharing program
Pollard Digital Solutions is a full-solution supplier of lottery management and iLottery technology for world-wide lottery markets. The company is owned by Pollard Banknote Ltd. – a leading partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games, retail merchandising solutions, and a full suite of digital offerings. Established in 1907 in Winnipeg, Canada, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 66.7% by the Pollard family and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (PBL).
Our objective is to deliver the most innovative solutions that will render industry-leading returns to good causes in an ethically responsible way. We emphasize a friendly, lively and respectful workplace atmosphere, where team spirit is highly valued.
Sækja um starf
Please submit your resume in English language. All applications will be handled with confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please send applications via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org