Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions. We are headquartered in Kópavogur with a satellite office in Budapest. Our product suites are attracting new customers and expanding our international presence: in recent years we have grown to over 70 employees and serve customers across Europe, Asia and Africa.
Currently, we are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Software Engineer to join our team in delivering mission-critical Air Traffic Control systems.
As a Tern Software Engineer you will be able to apply your knowledge and experience in designing, implementing, verifying and deploying software systems functions and improvements. You will be working closely with experts in operational systems to build innovative solutions which solve real problems and are competitive in the industry.
As an ideal candidate, you have expert knowledge of software development processes. You are a team player with a keen eye for detail, good problem-solving skills and you have the ability to think laterally.
- Designing, writing and testing new software programs based on requirements
- Writing clean and efficient code based on specifications
- Participating in software code reviews
- Writing system specifications and requirements in cooperation with stakeholders
- As part of a project team, demonstrating and presenting work to stakeholders and customers
- Integrating software components and third-party software
- Preparing and executing unit tests, component tests, system tests and acceptance tests
- Writing operational and technical documentation
- Constantly updating knowledge and skills
- BSc or higher education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical field
- 3 years or more of work experience in software development
- Proven success working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, as a software engineer or similar role
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with Linux, C++ and docker
- Experience developing high availability systems
- Experience in developing distributed systems
- Good understanding of software patterns and architecture
Who we are
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions, with over 70 employees and over 20 years of successful deliveries to customers in Europe, Asia and Africa. Tern Systems is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Isavia ANS, the Icelandic Air Navigation Service Provider, that manages air traffic in the Icelandic air traffic control area.
What we offer
- An international multicultural environment
- A culture that fosters personal and professional growth
- Regular social events and activities
- A family-friendly work environment
- Flexible work hours and home office support
- Home internet and mobile package
- An on-site canteen that offers lunch, snacks and drinks
- An annual sports grant
- Optional transportation grant
- Additional information
All applications shall be submitted in English. To find out more about us, including information about our recruitment process, please visit https://www.tern.systems/.
Applications are stored in accordance with the Icelandic Public Archives laws.
If you have any further enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sækja um starf
Applications are to be submitted in English via the Tern career page (https://jobs.50skills.com/ternsystems/en).