We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated software engineer to join our team in delivering mission-critical Air Traffic Control systems.
You will be able to apply your knowledge and experience in designing, implementing, verifying, and deploying software systems functions and improvements. You will be working closely with experts in operational systems to build innovative solutions which solve real problems and are competitive in the industry.
As an ideal candidate, you will have expert knowledge of software development processes. You are a team player with a keen eye for detail, good problem-solving skills, and you have the ability to think laterally.
- Designing, writing and testing new software programs based on requirements.
- Writing clean and efficient code based on specifications.
- Participating in software code reviews.
- Writing system specifications and requirements in cooperation with stakeholders.
- As part of a project team, demonstrating and presenting work to stakeholders and customers.
- Integrating software components and third-party software.
- Preparing and executing unit tests, system tests and acceptance tests.
- Writing operational and technical documentation.
- Constantly updating knowledge and skills.
- BSc or higher education in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3 years or more of work experience in software development.
- Proven success working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, as a software engineer or similar role.
- Strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Linux, C++ and preferably Qt.
- Experience developing high availability systems.
- Experience in developing distributed systems.
- Good understanding of software patterns and architecture.
What we offer:
- An international multicultural environment.
- A culture that fosters personal and professional growth.
- Regular social events and activities.
- A family-friendly work environment.
- Flexible work hours and home office support.
- Home internet and mobile package.
- On-site canteen that offers lunch, snacks and drinks.
- Annual sports grant.
- Optional transportation grant.
Who we are
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions with over 50 employees and over 20 years of successful deliveries to customers in Europe, Asia, and Africa. Tern Systems is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Icelandic air navigation service provider, Isavia ANS, a group that operates all airports in Iceland and manages air traffic in the Icelandic air traffic control area.
To find out more about us, including information about our recruitment process, please visit https://www.tern.systems/
If you have any issues with your application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sækja um starf
Please submit your application here: