As a Software Engineer on the Data Platform team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of large-scale services and APIs. You will be accountable for the features from development to production, focusing on automated tests to enable continuous delivery at scale, with a quality first mindset. This is an agile, fast-paced environment, where engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from concept to scale. We are a highly collaborative group and everyone’s ideas and contribution counts.
Marel is developing several new technical platforms that enables us to be the digital partner of choice for the food processing industry and enable customers to maximize value creation by providing the platform for interconnectivity and optimization.
The Data Platform is one of such platforms which provides the infrastructure to ingest, process and manage big data as well as services and API´s to support analytics, modeling and visualization of data.
Marel’s Connected Business team is responsible for building data driven SaaS applications. The applications provide various services based on data gathered from our customers’ factories and delivered through our infrastructure in Azure.
• Design, implement and test software modules and software features.
• Analyze requirements and write design specifications for software modules and software features.
• Contribute to team collaboration and build team spirit
You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, combined with 3 years of hands-on on experience in building Applications, Frameworks, API’s, Web applications using .NET stack, including C# and high throughput REST APIs. Furthermore, you have:
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, C#
• Experience with big data technologies: Spark, Distributed File Systems, Hive, Parquet, etc. • Experience with data streaming and stream-processing systems: Azure Stream Analytics, Spark-Streaming, Azure Event Hub and Service Bus, Rabbit MQ, etc.
• Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps
• Experience with Azure cloud services: Azure SQL, CosmosDb, Azure DW/Synapse, Azure Data Lake
• Experience building applications on the Azure platform is a plus
An exciting and challenging job in a world class and global company with great opportunities for both professional and personal development. The international atmosphere supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence. Our workplace is characterized by a good working environment with a good and informal tone and attractive working conditions
Sækja um starf
If this job sounds interesting to you, we would like to hear from you. Please send us your application through our website no later than 27 June 2021. For further information about the position, please contact our recruiter: Hildur Halldórsdóttir via email: email@example.com.