We are looking for a highly-skilled software engineer to join our team in delivering mission-critical Air Traffic Control systems.
You will be able to apply your knowledge and experience in designing, implementing, verifying, and deploying software systems functions and improvements. You will be working closely with experts in operational systems to build innovative solutions which solve real problems and are competitive in the industry.
As an ideal candidate, you will have expert knowledge of software development processes. You are a team player with a keen eye for detail, good problem-solving skills, and you have the ability to think laterally.
- Designing, writing and testing new software programs based on requirements.
- Writing clean and efficient code based on specifications.
- Participating in software code reviews.
- Writing system specifications and requirements in cooperation with stakeholders.
- As part of a project team, demonstrating and presenting work to stakeholders and customers.
- Integrating software components and third-party software.
- Preparing and executing unit tests, system tests and acceptance tests.
- Writing operational and technical documentation.
- Constantly updating knowledge and skills.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc or higher education in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3 years or more work experience in software development
- Proven success working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, as a software engineer or similar role
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with Linux, C++ and preferably QT
- Experience developing high availability systems
- Experience in developing distributed systems
- Understanding of software patterns and architecture
Our Technology Stack
For development, we primarily use C++ with Qt, or Python with Django or Qt. Continuous integration and quality pipeline with code-reviews in Gitlab, continuous integration through Jenkins, build artefacts stored in Artifactory and quality gates in Sonarqube. Developers use their own choice of IDE, including CLion, Eclipse and QtCreator. Unit tests are written using cxxtest or google-mock and component tests using Python and pytest.
What we offer
We offer an international work environment that encourages personal growth, social activities, canteen, on-site exercise facility and organized fitness activities, on-site showers, bicycle storage facility, a family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours and annual health grants.
Who we are
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions with over 50 employees and over 20 years of successful deliveries to customers in Europe, Asia, and Africa. Tern Systems is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Icelandic air navigation service provider, Isavia ANS, a group which operates all airports in Iceland and manages air traffic in the Icelandic air traffic control area.
To find out more about us visit https://www.tern.is/
For information the recruitment process please see https://www.tern.is/our-recruitment-process/
If you have any issues with your application please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sækja um starf
Upplýsingar fyrir umsækjendur Please submit your application here or through our career page https://jobs.50skills.com/ternsystems/en/