About Salt Pay
Salt Pay is on a mission to make small businesses feel big!
We are driven to make things happen. We have the ambition to grow fast and a desire to make the world a better place. We are entrepreneurs, not employees. And we don’t accept the status quo. We are risk-takers and we are not afraid to dream big. Ultimately, dreaming big costs the same as dreaming small.
Join us to build the most prominent European Fin-tech company! Salt Pay recently acquired Borgun hf, and that’s where we are located in Iceland. We are building top-notch products and services to support small and medium-sized businesses. With our high-end technologies and solutions, we allow merchants to focus on the things that matter and grow their business.
We started by offering merchants an Android-based payment terminal, CRM and Loyalty products, but we won’t stop there! We are a very ambitious, diverse and young team with big plans for improving merchant’s lives!
To become the merchant platform that redefines commerce in the digital age, no matter where you shop or how you pay.
• Design and develop processing platforms using various technologies
• Performance monitoring, tuning, support, ongoing maintenance and upgrades of existing solutions and platforms
• Cross-functional collaboration with experts and other engineers to build innovative, yet best in class solutions
• Automating old habits and processes
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvement
• Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
• Software development life cycle management
• Serve as a subject matter expert
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
• Excellent coding skills
• Passion for solving problems, developing, and delivering quality solutions on time
• Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
• Capability of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills with the ability to visualize processes and outcomes
• Software and tools:
• Experience with modern programming languages like C#, Java, Python, etc.
• Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
• Experience with query languages like SQL, PL-SQL, etc.
• Experience with databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, etc.
• Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc. • Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
• Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Shell, etc.
What are we looking for?
We know the only way to achieve our big vision is by building a great team. Salt Pay is constantly on the hunt for like-minded people and partners. We are young and energetic but experienced in what matters. We know how the system works today – we are not satisfied, and we are not afraid to do things differently.
We need to grow our team of warriors with people who understand that:
• Discipline is synonymous with freedom
• We definitely don’t like hierarchy
• A champion team is diverse
• A hunger to learn to be better every day
• Courage and confidence in your potential
• Enjoying the journey is the only option. We are and like happy people
• Talent without hard work = waste
For any further information please contact Sigurjón Þráinsson, Development Manager of Borgun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
It’s time for change. We hope you’ll join us!
Please note that we do not plan to engage recruitment agencies / headhunters for this opportunity. Also, applicants must have the full legal right to work in Iceland when making their application; we will not sponsor for this particular role.
Sækja um starf
Umsóknarfrestur er til og með 20. september 2020.
Nánari upplýsingar um starfið veitir Sigurjón Þráinsson, Þróunarstjóri hjá Borgun (email@example.com).
Umsókn óskast fyllt út á eftirfarandi slóð; https://salt.catsone.com/careers/88945-General/jobs/13715921-Software-Engineer/
Umsókn þarf að fylgja starfsferilskrá. Farið verður með allar umsóknir og fyrirspurnir sem trúnaðarmál.