Software Development Manager
DTE is looking to hire a passionate and business outcome driven head of development with exceptional development credentials. The right candidate must be a strong written and verbal communicator capable of switching between management activity and being ‘hands-on’ with development.
This is a new and an exciting position at DTEs headquarters in Reykjavík Iceland where you will be joining a team of industry innovators and pioneers, building a next generation ai powered real-time data analytics platform in the cloud that communicates with DTEs new state-of-the-art automated production analyzers for the metal industry.
Role & responsibilities
- Working closely with senior management to help shape DTEs future digital vision and strategy
- Project management and supporting the development team
- Creating development plans, setting deliverables and expectations
- Creating and managing a fully automated test driven environment maintaining code review practices and documentation standards
- Initially responsible for maintaining the overall data infrastructure
- Leads by example, performing ‘hands-on’ backend development work
- Track record of success in managing and/or leading software development projects
- Test Driven Development environment with Continuous Integration
- Agile and Lean methodologies
- Python, API development, Apache Spark, SQL relational databases, Gitlab, Kubernetes & Docker or similar
- Real-time message driven architecture (Apache Kafka)
- A plus if experienced with ROS and/or industrial hardware
- Must be able to set and stick to deadlines while maintaining good team morale
- Must be business-aware, self motivated and highly organized
- Must be a skilled communicator with a customer centric focus
- Works well under “start-up” pressures, sets the working “tone”, and is capable of being flexible within a rapidly changing innovation environment.
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or has a very long experience within software development
Sækja um starf
For more information please contact Kristján M. Gunnarsson at TeqHire, at email@example.com or by phone (+354) 6162039 or Apply Here
Application deadline is September 10th.