Software Developer – DevOps
Do you want to find out what happens when you fire a laser into liquid metal?
DTE is looking for a dedicated individual to join as a DevOps Lead in our Software Development team.
The ideal candidate manages the deployment of product updates, identifies production or security issues, and implements integrations that meet our customers’ needs.
To excel at this role, you need to thrive in a dynamic environment, constantly providing new and exciting challenges. Having a solid background in software engineering and being familiar with Linux, IIoT, IaC, Python, or similar will put you at the forefront of the talent pool that we are interested in.
Objectives of this role
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’.
- Implementing backup and recovery strategies for embedded software and edge or cloud deployments.
- Build observability tools to monitor and reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues and production errors.
- Develop software to integrate internal systems and data pipelines securely.
- Planning out projects and participate in project management decisions.
- Working with the team to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
Education, Knowledge & Experience
- BSc or Master’s in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field.
- A five years’ experience in the industry.
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
- Some experience in a lead DevOps position is advantageous.
- Solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Linux, IIoT, IaC, Python, or similar.
- Good grasp of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Network security knowledge.
- Proficient with git, git workflows, and deployment pipelines.
- Good knowledge of IaC workflows.
- Working knowledge of database operations and maintenance.
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience, and civil engineering.
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large corporation.
– Problem-solving attitude
– Collaborative team spirit
– Good communication skills and a customer-oriented mindset
– Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying the messages appropriately.
– Solid analytical skills combined with sound practical judgment
– Results driven and goal orientated.
The role reports to Director Software Development and has a high growth potential.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Sækja um starf
This job can be in our HQ at Árleynir 8, 112 Reykjavik, Iceland or in Canada.
Application deadline is 10 November 2022.