Controlant is looking to hire experienced software developers to join our growing community in Controlant R&D (Research and Development). We are looking for quality-minded people with a solid track record in the development of scalable and reliable back-end services and APIs, eager to take on the challenge of helping to shape the future of our already successful world-leading solutions for monitoring the global pharma and food supply chain.
You will join an autonomous Agile development team developing Controlant’s real-time monitoring solution used by global companies in the pharmaceutical and food industry. You will actively participate in the design and development of new functionality as well as improving existing features.
You will be developing our internal services and customer-facing APIs for integrations and UIs (.NET Core), ensuring resilience, security, and scalability to support our growth. You will develop components for communicating with and processing data from hundreds of thousands of IoT devices worldwide. You will work across teams to align on best-practices and continuously improve the way we work and build solutions in Controlant R&D.
- University degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experienced software developer with several years professional industry experience.
- Familiarity with multiple programming languages and in-depth experience of at least one (C#, Java, Python, C++ or comparable).
- Experience and interest in designing and implementing modern APIs.
- Analytical mindset and demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- A sense of self-motivation and a conscientious work ethic.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
Good to have
- Experience with and comfortable working in multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization is an advantage.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems.
- Experience of writing and maintaining Software-as-a-Service applications at scale.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment such as pharma.
Working at Controlant
We are a team of 50+ R&D professionals working actively on the development of Controlant’s hardware and software, directly contributing to the success of our company. Development takes place in autonomous and interdisciplinary product teams building solutions following Agile development methodologies and relying on modern application lifecycle management systems. We offer support for professional and personal development, flexible working hours, and a friendly working environment in dynamic and highly motivated teams.
“I love working at Controlant! The work is diverse, fun and challenging and the most important thing, the people of Controlant are kind, hard workers and always willing to help.” – Margrét S. Kristjánsdóttir, Software Developer at Controlant
Who We Are
At Controlant, we’re improving patient and consumer safety and reducing waste in the global supply chain. We’re building innovative cloud and IoT technologies that help businesses in the life sciences and food sectors gain more efficiency, deliver quality products at all levels of the cold chain, minimize global waste, and have a positive environmental impact.
What We Value
Creativity: We believe in fostering creativity and innovation.
Transparency: We believe in transparency in our work and with our customers.
Excellence: We believe in high quality and setting the standard for excellence.
Fun: We believe in making work enjoyable; it keeps us coming back.
Controlant is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate.
Sækja um starf
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English, we would love to hear from you. See our careers page for further information about open positions at Controlant - Careers