Software architect / hönnuður
Textinn er einnig á íslensku á heimasíðunni.
The Information Technology department at Íslandsbanki employs a group of experts collaborating on software development using acknowledged methodologies. Our team is highly professional and works closely with stakeholders inside and outside the bank. The Information Management and Finance solutions team is responsible for manufacturing quality information, insight and reports from data delivered from different departments within the bank. We are looking for a talented software architect to work on data integration, data display and data process flow projects within the team.
The primary responsibility of the role is to architect, design and develop a unified data access layer for the enterprise data warehouse. The current data warehouse is hosted in Oracle and needs to be simplified before moving on to newer technological solutions. We are looking for an experienced individual with ideas on how to lead this work in terms of architecture and development.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Lead the redesign and development of data access layers for the current data warehouse. This involves both the overall architecture as well as detailed design and development work
- Participate in product development through cross team collaboration with the relevant stakeholders to facilitate timely, high quality data flows and data availability
- Design software for automatic testing, recoverabliity from failures, built in privacy and security
- Develop intuitive software that meets and exceeds the needs of our internal users and customers. This includes further development of legacy solutions as well as the introduction of new technology
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience building data warehouse solutions through ETL tooling and relational databases
- Experience working on multiple data warehouses and experience designing/architecting a data warehouse (preferably more than one and preferably in the cloud)
- Expert experience in one or more programming languages (C#, Java, etc)
- Expert experience in SQL and experience with Oracle relational databases (MSSQL Server as well is an advantage)
- Experience modelling and analysing data for storage, querying and presentation
- Experience with batch scheduling, chaining and failure design required
- Working knowledge of software version control concepts and change management processes
- Experience with event and streaming data is an advantage
- Experience with R, Python or equivalent is an advantage
- Experience with business intelligence tooling is an advantage
- Experience with Azure data solutions or other cloud data solutions
- Experience with the following is an advantage: Azure DevOps CI/CD, Git, Docker, .NET Core, Kubernetes, Liquibase, Karate, Business Objects Data Services and/or Dollar Universe
- Ability and willingness to learn new coding languages and technologies
- Experience working in banking or Fintech is an advantage
Further information: Hans Róbert Hlynsson, executive director of Information Management and Finance solutions, email@example.com and Sigrún Ólafsdóttir, recruitment manager 844 4172, firstname.lastname@example.org
Islandsbanki has 750 employees who are invested in our customers‘ success. We work together as partners to find solutions with professionalism as a guiding principle. We always make a concerted effort to provide the best banking service.
Islandsbanki has passed equal pay certification.
Sækja um starf
Please press the above link for applications