Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer on the team you will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of large-scale services and APIs. You will be working on the features from development to production, focusing on automated tests to enable continuous delivery at scale, with a quality first mindset. This is an agile, fast-paced environment, where engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from concept to scale. We are a highly collaborative group and everyone’s ideas and contribution counts.
Marel is developing several new technical platforms that enables us to be the digital partner of choice for the food processing industry and enable customers to maximize value creation by providing the platform for interconnectivity and optimization.
The Digital Engine is our IoT and Device Management platform and it provides the infrastructure that enables standardized and fast development of digital products that drives optimized value creation. The Digital Engine is integrated in the machine and provides remote access and deployment, convenient application execution within containers and an all-purpose HMI framework for universal machine interfaces.
Marel is rolling out a hybrid cloud software platform where the latest Azure technology will be used to manage software in thousands of factories and in our cloud environment. The IoT and software management platform deals with the challenges of managing all this from a single interface.
• Design, implement and test software modules and software features
• Analyze requirements and write design specifications for software modules and software features
• Train and mentor Software Engineers
• Contribute to team collaboration and build team spirit
• Collaborate with multiple internal teams to ensure inter-dependencies and so that the overall system architecture is both implemented and tested
You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Design, or similar, combined with at least 8 years of hands-on experience in building Applications, Frameworks, API’s, Web applications using .NET stack, including C# and high throughput REST APIs. You like working in diverse, cross-functional remote teams. Furthermore, you have:
• Extensive experience and interest for software delivery and deployment management
• Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: C#, Python
• Experience with Azure or any cloud platforms, SQL, NoSQL or equivalent
• Experience building applications on the Azure platform or other cloud platforms
• Experience of developing and managing highly scalable and distributed software applications at scale
• Experience of developing and running containerized micro-services ( Docker)
• Experience with secure network connectivity is an advantage
An exciting and challenging job in a world class and global company with great opportunities for both professional and personal development. The international atmosphere supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence. Our workplace is characterized by a good working environment with a good and informal tone and attractive working conditions
Sækja um starf
Interested? If this job sounds interesting to you, we would like to hear from you.
Please send us your application through our website no later than June 27th. For further information about the position, please contact our recruiter: Hildur Halldórsdóttir via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.