Senior Software Engineer
If you like to do what you love, you’ll enjoy being a part of our software team at Marel. Within our team we encourage everyone to come forward with interesting ideas and challenge our way of thinking, so we can make the good things happen. If you’re interested in best practices and learning new technics/tools – Marel is the place to be.
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team working on innovative software products for the Food Industry. In the role of a Senior Software Engineer, you will have a key role in the development of our Innova software that supports Marel‘s vision of transforming the way food is processed globally.
What you’ll be doing
As a Software Engineer within the Engineering team, you need to thrive in a fast-paced environment where projects are often time critical. You also get to work and take part in building a highly skilled agile cross-functional team with software and test engineers, delivering customer value every day. Furthermore, you’ll be
- Lead design, implementation and testing of software modules and software features
- Analyze requirements and write design specifications for software modules and software features
- Train and mentor Software Engineers and Associate Software Engineers
- Contribute to team collaboration and build team spirit
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams to ensure inter-dependencies and so that the overall system architecture is both implemented and tested
- This role may also include some traveling and customer-site work related to new product releases, support and training
About our product
Innova Food Processing Software is the lead software product in the food industry, and can analyze, optimize and control almost any manufacturing situation. The Innova software ensures reliable data collection, provides full traceability throughout the production process, and includes real-time monitoring of key performance indicators (KPIs) such as yield, throughput, quality, capacity and labor efficiency.
Who are we?
We are the kind of people who find purpose in creating things. Our mission is to transform the future of food by creating a world where quality food is produced sustainably and affordably. Being the world leader in advanced food processing solutions, we’re in the unique position to make it happen–but we need individuals with diverse perspectives and skills to help us get the most out of this opportunity.
Why join us?
We offer an exciting and challenging job in a world class global company with great opportunities for both professional and personal development. The international atmosphere supports the company’s vision, and exhibit Marel’s core values Unity, Innovation and Excellence. Our workplace is characterized by a good working environment with a good and informal tone and attractive working conditions.
What’s in it for you?
There’s nothing like the feeling you get when you do something worthwhile for a living. That said, coming home from work knowing you made a difference is just one of the great things you can experience at Marel. You can expect:
- Freedom to take initiative and make a real impact in a growing global business
- Recognition for your achievements
- Clear objectives and realistic demands
- An environment of trust and respect
- Opportunities to build your knowledge
- Space to explore, fail and learn
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits
- What kind of a person are you?
We encourage each of our 8,000+ employees to bring their unique self to work and aim to make everyone feel recognized, valued and free to explore their potential. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture and welcome new colleagues from all walks of life. You will recognize in yourself that you:
- Bachelor’s or Master‘s degree in computer science or similar, or comparable work experience and knowledge
- Extensive experience in designing, developing, and implementing large software solutions.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented programming languages, in combination with .NET software development.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and good understanding of database operations
- Strong design and coding skills with the ability to pick up new languages, tools, and design patterns.
- Familiar with Agile software development frameworks
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, stakeholders, and customers.
- Experience with and comfort working in multi-cultural, multi-discipline organization is an advantage.
Sækja um starf
If you want make your dreams of using the newest software solutions come true, please send us your application and include a CV in English before September 30
For more information about this position please contact Talent Acquisition Specialist Maarten Krepel via email: email@example.com or Hilmar Hauksson, firstname.lastname@example.org