Senior Product Designer
Gangverk is looking for an experienced product designer to join our team. Our methodology emphasizes intense collaboration, early prototyping and testing, and so many iterations you’ll lose count. Product designers work closely with Product Owners, Delivery leads, and Developers to create digital products and services that reshape industries. You will be working closely with creative, kind-hearted people in Reykjavik and New York who like to challenge conventional thinking. You will be creating digital brand systems, websites, products, and a wide variety of other digital experiences. We expect you to move quickly from thinking to doing, giving shape to bold ideas through execution. Sharp UX thinking, art direction, storytelling, and systems design are concepts you are well versed in and use to take ideas from concept to ready assets.
- You have a passion for leading creative direction and design for international brands.
- You have a mentor approach and mentality and enjoy delegating and seeing your colleagues thrive.
- You have a proven ability to propose creative concepts and the ability to deliver those ideas to others through detailed design.
- You have strong communication skills: you can articulately explain and document your process, present your work and communicate your design decisions.
- 5+ years in digital product design and development.
- Experience designing user flows and interactions for complex digital products.
- Good knowledge of design tools like Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD (Figma is our clear favorite).
- Familiarity with prototyping tools.
- Flexible working hours and work from home policy.
- Public transportation grant to travel to and from work.
- Accrued mobile phone grants.
- Exercise grant for employees to keep fit and healthy (There’s a small community of crossfitters, don’t worry they will tell you all about it).
- Healthy lunch delivered to the office (multiple options, including vegan) and on Fridays we go out for lunch.
- Snacks and as many fruits as you can eat in the office (We try to keep it relatively healthy).
- Multiple tea and coffee options, espresso machine, nespresso or regular “uppáhellt”. There’s also an aeropress if that’s your thing.
- Active fun committee and regular social gatherings to hang out with colleagues.
- And more…
At Gangverk we welcome you for who you are and wherever you come from. We welcome diversity and believe that only a versatile group of people can solve the hardest problems, and so do our clients. Current clients include Sotheby’s, Lindblad Expeditions (a luxury adventure cruise company running expeditions.com, nathab.com, and in close partnership with nationalgeographic.com), and Kvika, a specialized bank focusing on asset and investment services.
Sækja um starf
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that a design portfolio is an essential part of your application and a requirement to be considered for this role.