Senior DevOps Engineer
Travelshift is a travel marketplace software company based in Iceland. It offers the only all-in-one white label tourism marketplace solution on offer today, combining a powerful content management system with all the travel industry commerce tools needed to run a state of the art online travel marketplace. The Travelshift software powers Guide to Iceland, a leading marketplace in Iceland and ranked as one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, Middle East & Africa. The same software is also being used for marketplaces in Europe and Asia. Travelshift shares an office with Guide to Iceland and works in close collaboration with them. At Travelshift and Guide to Iceland works a diverse group of people from many different countries which has created a fun and exciting work environment. Best of all, we have a fantastic Indian cook, Sam. He prepares awesome lunch meals every day for us, both standard and vegan.
We are looking for smart DevOps engineers that can come in and set up a modern CI/CD infrastructure based on Kubernetes. Work has started on this, but needs to be completed with other team members.
You will start working as a part of a team of developers that are creating a new front-end application in a modern technical stack based on Kubernetes.
The team runs in SCRUM sprints with daily standups and good communication over Slack and video meetings.
After the initial version of the technical stack is complete, you will improve upon the tech stack and help migrate existing services into the new stack.
- Completing a new CI/CD deployment pipeline with Kubernetes
- Architecting a new infrastructure as needed
- Maintaining our internal service architecture
- Monitoring service health and creating tickets when the system is not healthy
- Assisting developers when needed
- Optimize the company’s computing architecture.
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent team communication skills
- You can work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in English
- Solution oriented mindset
- AWS infrastructure experience
- Kubernetes experience
- Networking experience
- You have 3+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role. (if you migrated from being a developer, you get an extra plus)
- Shell scripting (bash minimum) skills
Nice to have
- Positive outlook on life
- Database management experience
- Security (DevSecOps) experience
- Python experience
- Experience using Bazel
- Experience writing Terraform scripts
We are a cloud-first organization, mainly based on AWS. We maintain our new infrastructure as a code.
- AWS EKS
- AWS EC2
- AWS ECS
- AWS Route53
- AWS RDB
- Plain-old Bash scripts
- Pritunl Zero BeyondCorp setup
Sækja um starf
- Visit our job page
- Fill inn the application (if you include a cover letter, you increase your chances)
- Wait for us to respond (shouldn't be long)