Quality Assurance Engineer
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions. An emerging product-led organisation, we are headquartered in Reykjavík with a satellite office in Budapest. Our product suites are attracting new customers and expanding our international presence. In recent years, we have grown to over 70 employees and serve customers across Europe, Asia and Africa.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you help ensure that all principles and practices of software quality assurance are applied throughout the development life cycle, build up a deep understanding of our products, communicate with both developers and customers, and be a vital part in ensuring that our products meet the highest quality standards.
As an ideal candidate, you have a genuine interest in Quality Assurance. You have proven experience in a highly technical field such as software development and you are also exceptionally organised and methodical, with the experience necessary to take our products to the next level in terms of accuracy, reliability, security and safety. A background in the air traffic control domain is a pre.
- Analyse and review system and software requirements, software architecture and design
- Develop and write effective test procedures, including test cases and test strategies
- Set up test environments and executing tests
- Implement and maintain automation tests
- Report and follow up on bugs and deficiencies
- Validate bug fixes and conduct regression tests
- Identify and communicate risks
- Work closely with developers and end-users
- Participate in customer acceptance testing
- Constantly update knowledge skills
- Write documentation and reports for technical and non-technical audiences
- Contribute to ensuring that the company meets QA policy and objectives
Preferred experience and educational background
- University degree in a technical field or equivalent education
- Working knowledge of Linux and Python
- 3+ years of experience either in the air traffic control domain or in a role related to software development
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification or equivalent
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to implement effective test procedures
- Excellent computer competence
- Knowledge of software development, quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Ability to work with various software development tools and Linux OS
- Ability to work with scripting languages
Quality Assurance Technology Stack
We adhere to testing methodology as described by ISTQB, including the use of different test levels. We use Jama for documenting requirements and test cases and maintaining traceability between these. Most of our software to be tested runs on Centos 6, 7 or 8 or RHEL 6. We use VirtualBox or Docker environments when testing software in a non-native environment. We use Python with pytest to develop automatic tests.
Who we are
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions, with over 70 employees and over 20 years of successful deliveries to customers in Europe, Asia and Africa. Tern Systems is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Isavia ANS, the Icelandic Air Navigation Service Provider, that manages air traffic in the Icelandic air traffic control area.
What we offer
- An international multicultural environment
- A culture that fosters personal and professional growth
- Regular social events and activities
- A family-friendly work environment
- Flexible work hours and home office support
- Home internet and mobile package
- An on-site canteen that offers lunch, snacks and drinks
- An annual sports grant
- Optional transportation grant
All applications shall be submitted in English. To find out more about us, including information about our recruitment process, please visit https://www.tern.systems/.
Applications are stored in accordance with the Icelandic Public Archives laws.
If you have any further enquiries please contact us at email@example.com.
Sækja um starf
All applications are to be submitted in English via Tern Systems' career page at https://jobs.50skills.com/ternsystems/en/15116