Quality Assurance Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in delivering mission-critical Air Traffic Control systems.
You will help ensures that all principles and practices of software quality assurance are applied throughout the development life cycle, build up a deep understanding of our products, communicate with both developers and customer, and be a vital part in ensuring that our products meet the highest quality standards.
As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, you are both exceptionally organized and methodical with the experience necessary to take our products to the next level with respect to accuracy, reliability, security, and safety.
- Analyzing and reviewing requirements.
- Developing and writing test plans, including test cases and test strategies.
- Implementing and maintaining automation tests.
- Implementing effective test procedures following our development process.
- Preparing and executing black box testing.
- Working closely with developers and end-users.
- Participating in customer acceptance testing.
- Writing documentation and reports.
- Constantly updating knowledge and skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- BSc or higher education in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to implement effective test procedures.
- Excellent computer competence.
- Knowledge of software development, quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools.
- Ability to work with various software development tools and Linux OS.
- Ability to work with scripting languages
- Working knowledge of Linux and Python.
- 3+ years of experience as a successful Quality Assurance Engineer.
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification or equivalent.
Quality Assurance at Tern Systems
We adhere to testing methodology as described by ISTQB, including the use of different test levels. We use Jama for documenting requirements and test cases and maintaining traceability between these. Most of our software to be tested runs on CentOS or RHEL. We use VirtualBox or Docker environments when testing software in a non-native environment. We use Python with pytest to develop automatic tests.
What we offer
We offer an international work environment that fosters personal growth, supports training and continuing education, social activities, a canteen, on-site fitness facilities and organized fitness activities, on-site showers, a bicycle storage facility, a family-friendly work environment with flexible work hours and annual health grants. Quality Assurance Engineers at Tern Systems are all ISTQB certified.
Who we are
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions, with over 50 employees and over 20 years of successful deliveries to customers in Europe, Asia and Africa. Tern Systems is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Isavia group which operates all airports in Iceland and manages air traffic in the Icelandic traffic control area.
To find out more about us, including information about our recruitment process, please visit https://www.tern.systems/
If you have any issues with your application please contact us at email@example.com
Sækja um starf
Please submit your application here or through our career page https://jobs.50skills.com/ternsystems/en/