QA Engineer Iceland
Do you want to work in an inclusive, engaging environment where people believe in innovating through experimentation and research? Do you love travel and want to have an impact on the future of the travel sector by working closely with industry leaders? Then you might be in the right place! Kaptio is building the next generation of travel reservation technology, and we would like for you to join the journey. 🚀
🌍 Our offices: Kaptio is an international Travel Tech company, founded and headquartered in Reykjavik, with operations in Iceland, UK, and Canada. We currently have offices in Reykjavik, Bristol and Reading, and remote coworkers across Canada and Europe.
🫂 Our team: we are about 60 software & product specialists and travel industry experts who are passionate about travel with innovation at heart.
🔮 Our vision: to become the market leader for multi-day travel technology. We have successfully enabled ambitious travel brands to grow with our product, the Kaptio Travel Platform, built on Salesforce.
💞 Our values: our spirited, iterative, and trustworthy nature guides us through our mission to enable ambitious multi-day travel brands to achieve sustainable growth.
😎 Our ethos: we believe that people collaborate best connected together. We offer working spaces that have comfortable and spacious facilities with meeting rooms and quiet areas for our teams to be in sync. We make sure that everyone can be included, regardless of their location, and hybrid collaboration is at the heart of Kaptio as an international company.
What are we looking for?
The QA Engineers at Kaptio work in close collaboration with software engineers in agile product development teams to ensure that Kaptio creates software that is fit-for-purpose. They conduct automated and manual tests and need to understand the scope of any new software development, as well as the expected user functionality and to write test cases/scenarios for the development team before coding starts.
Responsibilities & Duties
As a QA Engineer at Kaptio you are responsible for:
- Understand Systems: review and analyze system specifications to understand testing requirements.
- Methodologies: develop effective test strategies and plans, ensuring comprehensive coverage of software functionalities with a strong focus on automating tests to improve accuracy and speed.
- Effective Testing: design, execute and maintain test scripts and scenarios, both manually and using automation testing tools. Perform regression testing and system testing of new functions and existing software enhancements.
- Log Documentation: create logs to document testing phases and defects, and report technical issues in a clear and detailed manner.
- Customer-centric: ensure all work meets the teams and Kaptio’s quality guidelines and standards, and identify potential problems that may lead to customer dissatisfaction.
- Automation: support the introduction of automated testing into the continuous integration and deployment pipeline, ensuring consistent software performance.
- Catalog bugs: identify, document, and report bugs and errors, collaborating effectively with developers, product managers and domain experts to aid prompt resolution of issues.
- Planning: estimate testing efforts, prioritize tasks effectively, and ensure timely delivery of testing tasks within the product team deadlines.
- Project Discovery: engage in product discovery to understand new features, estimating testing efforts and collaborate in writing clear acceptance criteria and aligning with user needs.
Ideal background and competencies
As an QA Engineer at Kaptio, you have a proven track record of:
- Proven experience as a QA Engineer or a similar role. Experience in testing functionality for the leisure travel industry or Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience in QA methodology, Agile frameworks, regression testing and using test management tools and software
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently identify, document, and report bugs and errors.
- Experience in implementing and advancing automated testing systems, showcasing expertise in selecting, setting up, and optimizing various automated testing tools and frameworks to enhance testing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Agile and friendly customer and team collaborator; you are keen to build successful working relationships through open communication, a helpful attitude and making sure that you pull your weight within the team. You appreciate working in an Agile way.
- Trustworthy; you are reliable and take responsibility for your work. You approach your work and others in a professional manner.
✈️ Benefits at Kapto:
- An award-winning scale-up company that has over a decade of experience in technology and innovation.
- A motivated and supportive team where everyone is encouraged to progress their skills and share their knowledge with each other.
- A fun company culture with groups and meet-ups, and an emphasis on asynchronous discussions and celebrations. Exciting team get-togethers and team building activities.
- Hybrid-friendly work environment and company culture that supports working remotely when necessary, where work-family balance is very important.
- Competitive salary and benefits. Vary per location, so ask us more!
Sækja um starf
All applications shall be submitted in English, please click Sækja um starf above for a direct link to the job application.