Tern Systems are the creators of Iceland’s Air Traffic Control systems. We are developing product suites for Air Traffic Management, Simulators and Aerodrome weather reporting and lighting control. These products are already in use in Iceland and overseas.
With increasing international interest in our solutions, we are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Project Manager to join our Project Management Office, setting the strategic direction of projects, develop and execute project plans, and work closely with the development teams to ensure high quality and cost-effective project deliverables.
The role requires excellent communication with customers and development team members, excellent organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Direct projects across Tern Systems operations, from contract signing to project handover
- Prepare and maintain project documentation, such as plans, stakeholders, risks and issues
- Coordinates, and manages product development teams
- Communicates project status to main stakeholders and management
- Minimise company exposure and risk on projects
- Constantly updating knowledge and skills
Educational and qualification requirements:
- 3+ years project management in software development
- University degree in a related field, such as Engineering or Project Management
- Excellent communication and writing skills, including English
- Ability to effectively present status and issues to project stakeholders
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work in an international environment
Preferred qualifications include:
- Technical knowledge and experience with software development lifecycle
- IPMA Level B or C certification or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Agile and ISO 21500 preferred
- Experience with planning tools (MS Project, Jira, Targetprocess)
What we offer:
- An international environment
- A culture that fosters personal growth, training and employee development
- Regular social activities organized by employees and the company
- A family-friendly work environment
- Flexible work hours and home office support
- Home internet and mobile usage package
- Onsite canteen that offers lunch, snacks and drinks
- Annual sports grant
- Optional transportation grant
Who we are
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions, with over 60 employees and over 20 years of successful deliveries to customers in Europe, Asia and Africa. Tern Systems is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Icelandic air navigation service provider, Isavia, a group that operates all airports in Iceland and manages air traffic in the Icelandic air traffic control area.
All applications shall be submitted in English.
To find out more about us, including information about our recruitment process, please visit https://www.tern.systems/
If you have any issues with your application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sækja um starf
Please submit your application here or through our career page https://jobs.50skills.com/ternsystems/en/9960