Machine Learning Specialist
Treble Technologies is an Icelandic tech startup that develops sound simulation and spatial audio technology that is revolutionizing how sound is incorporated into the design of both the physical and the virtual world. Our technology is being used by some of the biggest and most prestigious companies in the world within tech, automotive, VR/AR and building industries, to realize next-generation audio experiences and reduce noise – which, according to the WHO, is the 2nd most harmful environmental factor affecting human health.
Treble is one of the fastest-growing startups in Iceland. Despite being a young company, we are hugely ambitious and have managed to assemble a group of highly sought-after talent from around the world. We are well-funded and have won numerous awards globally for our tech and vision. The team consists of a diverse group of specialists in audio/acoustics, software development, mathematical modeling, and business. Joining Treble at this stage means becoming a part of a lean, family-friendly, and fun, yet driven organization.
Senior Machine Learning Specialist
We are looking for an experienced machine learning specialist with a broad set of skills in computational modeling and statistical analysis, preferably in the context of audio or acoustics or other time-series-dominated domains.
In this position, you will develop advanced algorithms and computational modeling techniques relating to real-time spatial audio rendering, virtual acoustics, and signal processing, with the ultimate goal of advancing state-of-the-art technologies for designing and perceiving sound in digital twins and virtual worlds. You will have the chance to dive deep into a wide range of exciting state-of-the-art topics within scientific machine learning, software development, and acoustics/audio.
Relevant background is important, but we also highly value people who are eager to learn and want to expand their skillset.
You will be responsible for
● Being a core specialist within Treble Technologies in machine learning.
● Researching and developing novel algorithms and computational models to solve complex problems at the intersection between virtual acoustics, spatial audio, audio signal processing, and data science.
● Generating synthetic training data using Treble’s proprietary numerical simulation technology to acquire accurate and reliable datasets for computational model training/validation/testing.
● Leading the development of a machine learning R&D team within Treble.
Developing real-time simulation and signal processing algorithms based on machine learning methods.
● Collaborating with our academic partners, supervising MSc/PhD students, and be involved in scientific publications and conferences.
You will be great for this role if you have
● MSc or PhD in applied mathematics, statistics, acoustics, physics, computer science, engineering, machine learning or related fields.
● Demonstrated experience with development and implementation of machine learning or deep learning algorithms.
● Experience with mathematical modeling, preferably experience in solving time-variant mathematical or physical problems computationally.
● Strong software development skills, e.g., using Python, C++ or Matlab
If you also have experience with the following, this is a plus
● PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar platforms.
● Physics informed neural networks and Gaussian processes.
● Leading a small R&D team.
● Acoustics, spatial audio and auditory perception.
● Virtual and augmented reality.
● Knowledge of scrum, agile, git and project management.
Even if you don’t meet every single requirement, we encourage you to apply! Studies have shown that women, non-binary individuals, and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Treble, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway, as we are growing, and a relevant role might come up soon!
What we offer
● Highly flexible and family-friendly workplace
● Great compensation and attractive stock options
● First class facilities and equipment – the best office in downtown Reykjavík (we think!)
● Amazing lunch
● Technology stipend
● Exceptional coffee
● Personal career coaching
● Reskilling/upskilling support, including a sizable budget for conferences
● Internet at home package
● A code of conduct that fosters a safe and happy work environment.
● Advanced relocation package including flight tickets, housing search assistance, visa services, freight cost subsidization and adaptation tips
● Free parking garage access
● Language course grants
Where we are based
Treble Technologies headquarters in Hafnartorg (Kalkofnsvegur 2), Reykjavík, Iceland
Iceland consistently ranks as one of the best places in the world to live, life satisfaction is among the highest in the world, and the country is consistently rated the most peaceful in the world. Iceland also ranks at the top of the world in terms of gender equality. Reykjavík is a bustling capital, surrounded by stunning nature, with a sprawling arts and music scene, legendary nightlife, amazing culture, and top-notch cuisine. Foreign experts may be eligible for 25% tax deduction in Iceland.
Sækja um starf
Interested in finding out more? Visit our careers page
Our talent partner
We have partnered with Geko to support us with our talent growth. All applications will be filtered through to the team to ensure that we create a smooth, timely and unbiased process for everyone that is interested in working with us.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Kathryn - firstname.lastname@example.org