Lead Software Developer
Hefring ehf. is a maritime tech startup developing technology for ocean-going vessels. The technology monitors the behavior and performance of vessels and operators, as well as weather and sea conditions, to provide insights that can improve decision-making and planning for safety and efficiency. We work in close collaboration with customers and are progressing toward hardware-enabled subscription services, catering to customers in different sectors and industries, from commercial, rescue and defense to yachting and private leisure.
If you like technically challenging projects and the opportunity to shape a team, products and a business, then this might be a role for you. It also helps if you like boats.
- Taking lead in software- and product-related decisions.
- Development and management of cloud servers and architecture.
- Development and management of software and communications for embedded system nodes.
- Development and management of frontend applications.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Quality control and assurance.
- Collaborate with customers to understand their needs and feedback.
- Continuous improvement of quality, tools, standards and processes.
Skills and experience:
- 3+ years of work experience in programming, software development or related field.
- Relevant degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Creative team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- Analytical mindset and demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid experience in building scalable software.
- Programming experience with server-side languages, such as Python or Go.
- Experience working with git, agile and scrum workflows.
- Developing front end architecture.
- Designing user interactions and experiences.
- Experience with Google Cloud.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with C++ and embedded systems development.
- Interest in remote sensing, data analysis and autonomous systems.
Sækja um starf