Lead Data Engineer at Sidekick Health
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our AI and Data Science Team. Are you passionate about health and data? Do you have a great background and experience working with data in a cloud environment? Do you enjoy being the architect behind robust data pipelines which empower a data-driven business? Then we would like to meet you. As a Sidekick Health lead data engineer, you will lead the development of our data infrastructure. You work closely with our team of medical doctors and psychologists as well as developers and data scientists on a mission to significantly improve the lives of our users.
Who are we?
Sidekick Health is a young company which helps people, often with chronic diseases, to improve their quality of life with a gamified app carefully designed by behavioural psychologists. We are all dedicated to build the best possible solution to improve and save lives. Sidekick Health is already collaborating with some of the biggest pharmacy companies in the world.
How do we approach AI and Data Science?
In the AI and Data Science team, and at Sidekick Health in general, we actively strive to create an innovative, friendly and respectful work environment where people are encouraged to express freely their ideas. At the same time we are business-value driven and prioritise our projects to bring the most value to Sidekick Health.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Lead the development of a scalable and high-quality data infrastructure in cooperation with our data scientists and software engineers.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the quality of the data infrastructure with a focus on continuous improvement and automation.
- Build and maintain cloud-based solutions to support reporting, analytics, machine learning and large-scale data processing
- Stay current with new technology trends
- Master’s degree (or equivalent through work experience) in computer science, software/computer engineering, mathematics, physics or other relevant fields
- Significant work experience as a data engineer
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud providers
- Programming experience, ideally including Python or Java
- Excellent SQL skills
- Hands-on experience of ETL development and data processing
- Analytical mind and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform both in a team environment and independently
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Airflow and/or Apache Beam is a strong plus
- Experience building APIs and web services
- Experience with operationalising machine learning models
- Data warehouse experience
Note! Applicants must be eligible to work from our offices in Reykjavík or Berlin.
Sækja um starf
Please submit your CV and cover letter.
See https://sidekickhealth.com/careers/ for further information.