Tern Systems are looking to hire an enthusiastic Infrastructure Engineer.
Tern Systems develops product suites for Air Traffic Management, simulators and aerodrome weather reporting and lighting control. These products are already in use in Iceland and overseas.
You will work with highly ambitious software engineering teams in improving the company’s software development infrastructure for the development of air traffic control systems. In your role as an Infrastructure Engineer, you will work to make the engineering process more efficient and effective. Our ambition is to operate the most efficient environments for building, testing and deploying our products. In cooperation with development, quality assurance and the operation teams, you are trusted to continually improve our tools and processes through improved automation in the whole product pipeline.
As an ideal candidate you enjoy taking responsibility and making a difference, you are known to take pride in your work, have great communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Maintaining and improving existing software development infrastructure
- Ensuring the repeatability, traceability and transparency of our development pipeline
- Guiding and assisting engineering teams to improve their production infrastructure
- Administrating key infrastructure in cooperation with IT such as build systems and repositories
- University degree in a technical field or highly relevant experience in a related field
- 3 years or more of professional experience
- Prior experience in operations development or software engineering
- Experience using CI/CD systems, e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab
- Experience working with and/or managing containerisation, e.g. Docker
- Proactive, self-motivated, eager and enthusiastic to share knowledge and work with other team members
- Experience in either administration or in similar DevOps roles is a plus
Who we are
Tern Systems is an established and trusted provider of Air Traffic Control solutions, with over 60 employees and over 20 years of successful deliveries to customers in Europe, Asia and Africa. Tern Systems is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Isavia ANS, the Icelandic Air Navigation Service Provider, that manages air traffic in the Icelandic air traffic control area.
What we offer
- An international multicultural environment
- A culture that fosters personal and professional growth
- Regular social events and activities
- A family-friendly work environment
- Flexible work hours and home office support
- Home internet and mobile package
- An on-site canteen that offers lunch, snacks and drinks
- An annual sports grant
- An optional transportation grant
All applications shall be submitted in English. To find out more about us, including information about our recruitment process, please visit https://www.tern.systems/.
Applications are stored in accordance with the Icelandic Public Archives laws.
If you have any further enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sækja um starf
Please submit your application via our recruitment site: