Head of Software Development
TalentHub is proudly recruiting on behalf of Kara Connect who are looking for a Head of Software Development.
Kara Connect is a leading mental health and well-being platform. We provide a suite of services for organisations which enable their employees to access support and well-being services including coaching, counselling and therapy, tailored to their individual requirements. Our purpose is to enable everybody to access the help they need.
We are a well-funded start-up building a diverse team of driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join us on our mission to become the world’s leading well-being platform. As part of this journey, we are building a leading-edge technical product and are looking for an ambitious Head of Development to drive the platform over the coming years.
This is an exciting role, in which you will lead a talented team of developers and work alongside senior stakeholders to deliver our shared product roadmap and vision for Kara Connect. We are in a fast growth scaling phase, and this role will be key to help build out our platform and technology team.
You will have a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and play a fundamental role in developing easy to use applications for our customers and to ensure the optimum user journeys. You will have a terrific opportunity to shape and define the overall technology function.
This is a leadership position, though one which will require you to roll up your sleeves and tackle certain issues yourself. So, you will need to thrive in a high velocity environment, have a flair for leading people, and have a tolerance for ambiguity due to our early stage. It promises to be a fun, exhilarating and inspirational experience.
Responsibilities will include:
● Lead the development and implementation of high-quality, scalable, secure software solutions
● Work collaboratively with Head of Product and other stakeholders to deliver a market leading well-being platform for Kara Connect
● Take a lead on strengthening the technical architecture, and ensure it will enable our growth
● Refine and enhance existing agile/lean processes and methodologies to ensure stability, performance, and continuous improvement
● Provide technical leadership and mentoring to Development and QA team members who are based onsite and remotely
● Work with project team to meet agreed deadlines, while addressing emerging issues and recommending solutions
● Oversee the technical architecture and ensure the platform is continually fit for purpose and future-proofed. Maintain security compliance with agreed standards (e.g. ISO 27001)
● Fostering the development of diverse teams and an inclusive culture
● High levels of proficiency in software development ideally developing SaaS solutions and in an agile, product led environment
● A strong engineer with experience leading small teams
● Prior experience of working with CI/CD processes
● Strong understanding of technical architectures and experienced in Cloud Technologies (preferably AWS)
● Experience of working in a data-driven environment
● Capable of improving established processes, and of successfully challenging norms
● Great communicator who can synthesize complex topics, and is able to successfully communicate with diverse stakeholders
● Strong leadership skills and a track record of coaching and managing your team
● Self-starter with a tolerance for ambiguity combined with an ability to take direction
● Ability to work with remote teams and colleagues
● Experience of high growth SaaS and/ or Health Tech are desirable
What’s in it for you?
● The opportunity to work in a mission-driven organisation dedicated to enabling everybody to access the help they need
● Competitive remuneration with upside potential
● Comprehensive benefits package
● Access to company share option plan
● Access to coaches and therapists through the Kara Connect wellness hub
● Learning culture and unlimited career growth opportunity
To make things happen:
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please contact me for a confidential chat, email@example.com if you don’t have a CV ready, no problem I’d still love to hear from you.
More about Kara Connect
Kara Connect is a leading health and well-being platform which connects employees with coaches, counsellors and therapists. It provides a suite of solutions for organisations enabling their employees to access support and well-being services tailored to their individual requirements. For well-being professionals, Kara provides a solution to seamlessly and securely connect with employees.
To learn more about our mission to become the world’s leading well-being platform please visit www.karaconnect.com
Sækja um starf
Please contact me for a confidential chat, firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t have a CV ready, no problem I’d still love to hear from you.