Frontend Engineer (React)
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site, and our Experiences business is a fast-growing part of the organization. With the world’s largest selection of bookable experiences coupled with unparalleled traveler insights, we’re evolving the entire attractions industry.
What you will do
You will work in a team environment in the design and implementation of our web products. We are looking for a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve his or her skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with experience in user experience definition and user interface design & implementation.
- You will code! Most of our engineers release code to production every few days as we release small and often.
- Help shape the future front-end architecture behind a rapidly-growing business
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Support the wider Engineering team with front-end expertise
What we’re looking for
- Solid understanding of front-end technologies and frameworks – React, Webpack
- Background of building applications with a mobile-first focus
- Familiarity with the latest ES6 and HTML5 standards
- Knowledge of CSS preprocessors such as SASS and LESS
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of a first-class object-oriented language such as Java or C#.
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies. You don’t need to have experience with everything listed above but you do need to be hungry to learn.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work
Comprehensive compensation package (with base salary, bonus & equity) + amazing benefits
Why work for Bokun and TripAdvisor?
Exceptional career opportunities. Incredible perks and benefits. Smart and collaborative co-workers… The list of reasons to join us at Bokun and TripAdvisor goes on and on. As one of the most recognisable brands in the world, millions of people love using our sites—and we love making their experience the best it can be! Come work for the world’s largest travel site and you’ll see what we mean.
Sækja um starf
Please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org