🥳 Join us in creating a happier world! 🥳
We believe work should be fun, and you should feel excited to get to work on Mondays.
If you are the kind of person who can’t help but make every-day things more fun, more competitive, or more interesting, we may be looking for you.
Smitten is pioneering a new era in how single people lead their lives. Smitten is not a dating app; Smitten is an entertainment app for single people.
We believe the key to success is how we communicate with each other, internally and externally. Communication is an enormous part of our company culture and the product. While you don’t have to be a people-skills expert when you join Smitten, you will grow to become exceptional at giving and receiving feedback, taking responsibility, feeling empathy, etc.
You may be a team fit if you:
- Have a deep, almost bizarre, passion for your work
- Are confident in your skillset
- Are humble enough to know you still have a lot to learn
- Want to become better in people skills
- Have an extraordinary high standard to do a good job
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Believe life and work should be an amazing, fun experience
Below are a bunch of things about how you will personally impact the product and consequently the lives of (hopefully) hundreds of millions of people. Before you check that out, does your gut feeling tell you that you want to work with us? If yes, keep reading; if not, that’s alright; we understand we are not everyone’s type.
You will oversee the development of the React Native client for both iOS and Android. The codebase is written initially with Flow but just moved to TypeScript.
Within one month, you will have:
- Developed a good understanding of Smitten as a product as well as its tech stack
- Helped develop new features on the client for both iOS and Android
- Written unit tests for the codebase and integrated some CI tools to enforce those tests
- Had a taste of Smitten’s company culture
Within three months, you will have:
- Developed functionality for multiple features that Smitten has in its pipelines
- Helped form workflows and practices that all future developers of Smitten will follow
- Optimized some of Smitten’s most crucial screens
- Impacted and helped shape our company culture
Within six months, you will have:
- Helped set up a GraphQL connection to the server
- Removed our current Redux stores
- Helped with onboarding new front-end developers
Within a year, you will have:
- Developed and optimized additional monetization systems
- Developed multiple new features in Smitten
Skills & relevant experience
We are open to high-potential candidates with a variety of experience and expertise but would especially welcome candidates with some of the following experience, skills & characteristics :
- A deep understanding and experience with React Native
- Experience with Redux
- Can-do mindset and experience working in an agile, fast-moving startup environment
- Deep understanding and experience with TypeScript
- With a good eye for detail, UI, and UX
- Experience building GraphQL clients
- Believes work should be fun
Last but not least – Perks, Comps & Benefits
We are a team of ambitious, highly motivated, and driven people who love what they do. We need people who share our vision for work and ethics to become a global dominator in our space! You will be considered a cultural founder of Smitten, and you will have a significant impact on the company’s future!
We believe work should be fun, and it should support, even supercharge, your personal and professional growth. In addition to giving you a stock option plan, where you get shares in the company, we offer many perks and benefits. You will, of course, get the necessary gadgets to do your work, such as a new phone, computer, noise-canceling headphones, etc. You will have flexible working hours and remote working options if that suits you (however, we think it’s more fun to meet each other IRL).
We know that some opportunities are too good to pass up, so we have a rule called #SmittenPrivilege, which lets you ditch work to do shit you love. Want to go golfing on a Wednesday morning? #SmittenPrivilege! Need to leave early on Friday? #SmittenPrivilege! Too drunk on a Monday morning to get to work? Well… we may need to talk about that!
And last but not least, you are not the only one joining the Smitten family. Your family and friends are too! We encourage you to have the occasional lunch with your mom or friend you haven’t heard from in a while, and we’ll pick up the tab!
If you want to join us in creating a happier world, we would love to hear from you!
Ps. We are a well-funded startup and will be scaling into new markets in the coming weeks and months!
Sækja um starf
Smitten is located in Reykjavik, Iceland!