Engineering Project Manager
Treble Technologies is an Icelandic tech startup that develops sound simulation and spatial audio technology that is revolutionizing how sound is incorporated into the design of both the physical and the virtual world. Our technology is being used by some of the biggest and most prestigious companies in the world within tech, automotive, VR/AR and building industries, to realize next-generation audio experiences and reduce noise – which, according to the WHO, is the 2nd most harmful environmental factor affecting human health.
Treble is one of the fastest-growing startups in Iceland. Despite being a young company, we are hugely ambitious and have managed to assemble a group of highly sought-after talent from around the world. We are well-funded and have won numerous awards globally for our tech and vision. The team consists of a diverse group of specialists in audio/acoustics, software development, mathematical modeling, and business. Joining Treble at this stage means becoming a part of a lean, family-friendly and fun, yet driven organization.
Engineering Project Manager
We are seeking a strong project manager to support our multidisciplinary engineering team at Treble Technologies. Our team consists of brilliant engineers from many different disciplines, who are working together on creating next generation sound simulation software. You will be part of the team, ensuring that the team is pulling in the same direction.
We expect you to be a people person with strong communication skills and a good knack for science and technology. You’ll need to be structured, pro-active, ambitious, and have the ability to unite the team. We expect the team to grow substantially during the next year and there will be plenty of opportunities to influence both the team’s and the company’s tactical and strategic direction.
You will be responsible for
● Ensuring that the team is working on the right things and keeping productivity high.
● Owning the task management system.
● Creating detailed plans for development projects, including defining the scope, allocating resources, setting milestones and deadlines and laying out communication strategies.
● Ensuring each project stays on schedule and adheres to the deadlines.
● Facilitating communication across the team.
● Ensuring that the development processes are applied across the team.
● Being a key stakeholder on the feature and product roadmap.
● Serving as a liaison between management and development team to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information.
● Contributing to creating stronger quality assurance processes and bug reporting
You will be great for this role if you
● Have an academic degree in project management, computer science, or similar experience.
● Have proven relevant working experience.
● Experience in project management of software development teams.
● Experience with management and operation of task management systems, such as Jira
● Knowledge of scrum, agile, git
If you also have experience with the following, this is a plus
● Analytics of team performance
● Engineering or software development background
● Interest in sound and acoustics
● Interest in virtual and augmented reality
● Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to work in cross-discipline and cross-culture teams
Even if you don’t meet every single requirement, we encourage you to apply! Studies have shown that women, non-binary individuals, and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Treble, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway, as we are growing, and a relevant role might come up soon!
What we offer
● Highly flexible and family friendly workplace
● Great compensation and attractive stock options
● First class facilities and equipment – the best office in downtown Reykjavík (we think!)
● Amazing lunch
● Technology stipend
● Exceptional coffee
● Personal career coaching
● Reskilling/upskilling support, including a sizable budget for conferences
● Internet at home package
● A code of conduct that fosters a safe and happy work environment.
● Advanced relocation package including flight tickets, housing search assistance, visa services, freight cost subsidization and adaptation tips
● Free parking garage access
● Language course grants
Where we are based
Treble Technologies headquarters in Hafnartorg (Kalkofnsvegur 2), Reykjavík, Iceland
Iceland consistently ranks as one of the best places in the world to live, life satisfaction is among the highest in the world, and the country is consistently rated the most peaceful in the world. Iceland also ranks at the top of the world in terms of gender equality. Reykjavík is a bustling capital, surrounded by stunning nature, with a sprawling arts and music scene, legendary nightlife, amazing culture, and top-notch cuisine. Foreign experts may be eligible for 25% tax deduction in Iceland.
Sækja um starf
We have partnered with Geko to support us with our talent growth. All applications will be filtered through to the team to ensure that we create a smooth, timely and unbiased process for everyone that is interested in working with us.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Kathryn - email@example.com