Embedded Software Engineer
Hugbúnaðarsérfræðingur/-verkfræðingur (tækjahugbúnaður) Þróar tækjahugbúnað fyrir hátæknilausnir Völku í fiskvinnslu. Tekur þátt í vöruþróunarferli frá hugmyndastigi að útgáfu vöru og upphafi notkunar hjá viðskiptavinum. Á í samskiptum við hagaðila innan og utan fyrirtækisins. Vinnan er skipulögð í smærri sjálfstæðum hópum innan sveigjanlegs ramma agile aðferða þar sem áhersla er lögð á tæknilega sterkar lausnir og stöðugar endurbætur.
Develops embedded software for Valka’s fish processing systems. Involved in product development activities from inception through commercial launch and deployment in production. Communicates with stakeholders inside and outside the company. Work is organized in small independent groups under flexible agile organization with commitment to technical excellence and continuous improvement
- Design, implement, test, and deploy embedded software for sales projects, product maintenance or new development projects
- Responsible for integration of cameras, sensors, motors and other equipment into integrated control systems
- Work with customers, project managers and sales team to determine needs and translate into specifications, functional requirements and budgets for system designs. May include travel to customer sites.
- Participate in developing project plans, identify, monitor project milestones in an agile environment
- Help translate market and customer requirements into new product ideas for future development
- Can take high level descriptions and break down into programming tasks to establish new functionality.
- Characterize systems through experiments and simulations to optimize design
- Contribute to writing of product documentation and instructions
- Works with others at the company on cross functional problem-solving teams
- Continuous learning and maintenance of technical know-how
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or other related discipline. Opportinities available for both experienced individuals and recent graduates.
- Strong ability to capture customer needs and translate into software design
- Can independently search for technical information. Ability to respond to inquiries from internal and external customers in English in a proficient and professional manner. Ability to write clear product specifications, project development plans and other forms of written correspondence.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts to accomplish job tasks.
- Must be creative, practical, analytical and technologically capable.
- Preferred experience in automatic, industrial food processing equipment.
- Experience programming in C, C#, C++, Rust or similar is preferred
- Experience with industrial bus and network communications is a plus
- Experience with PLC/IPC systems is a plus
- Demonstrated aptitude for bringing automation solutions into practice through hands on experience
- Willing and capable to learn new programming languages and systems as required.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics for control systems.
Valka is a fast growing, international, hi-tech company in the automated fish-processing industry. Founded in 2003, our sole focus has been on developing innovative and progressive solutions with the aim of maximizing raw material yield, product quality and price, while minimizing waste.
Valka’s continued success as an industry leader in its field is built on the innovation, knowledge and skills of our outstanding employees. We are highly committed to creating and maintaining a modern, progressive and cohesive workplace, in which employees are able to do outstanding work in a stimulating, supportive and friendly environment.
We are constantly searching for exceptional people in the fields of computer science, engineering, mechanics and electricity to join us in our quest for excellence. We put the utmost emphasis on a culture of equality and especially encourage women to apply with us.
Videos of Valka’s machinery
Sækja um starf
Further information Leifur Geir Hafsteinsson, Director of Human Resources