Overview of Role:
We are seeking a Director of Cybersecurity who shares our culture of continuous improvement, agility, and a commitment to efficiency. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant impact on our organization’s cybersecurity strategy and overall success.
As the Director of Cybersecurity, you will lead the development and execution of our cybersecurity strategy, manage cybersecurity projects, and lead initiatives to ensure the security of our critical assets. In this role, you will have the chance to put your stamp on many projects and processes throughout the company, playing a key role in our ongoing success. You will report to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and will be part of a global Information Technology team. This position is preferably based in our headquarters in Iceland.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Establish and lead a cross-functional Cybersecurity Council to ensure management oversight and governance, as well as adequate operational controls.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy and projects to safeguard our systems and data.
- Manage and mentor a team of cybersecurity professionals, providing guidance and support to drive their success.
- Monitor and report on compliance with security policies, making recommendations for or implementing improvements as needed.
- Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security audit failures.
- Provide effective cybersecurity communication, awareness, and training to all levels of the organization.
- Work as a liaison with vendors and the legal and purchasing departments to ensure our cybersecurity needs are met.
- Coordinate, measure, and report on the technical aspects of security management to ensure we meet our security goals.
- Manage outsourced vendors that provide cybersecurity functions, ensuring they meet our expectations and standards.
- Design, coordinate and oversee security testing procedures to verify the security of our systems.
- University degree in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in Information Technology and cybersecurity, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role e.g., line manager, project leader.
- Previous experience in a similar/adjacent role, and experience within the pharma industry is advantageous.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful cybersecurity strategies.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity best practices, technologies, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to lead and contribute to hands-on tasks.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills are necessary, with the ability to influence and collaborate effectively with stakeholders.
- Adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
What we offer:
- An inspiring challenge to work with great co-workers on ambitious projects that change people’s lives.
- The chance to be a part of a global and fast-growing company.
- An international work culture that encourages diversity, collaboration, and inclusion.
- Positive, flexible, and innovative work environment.
- Support for personal growth and internal career development.
- Company social events and milestone celebrations.
- Excellent in-house canteen and coffee house.
- Exercise and wellbeing support for full-time employees.
- Bike parking available and on-site shower facility.
- Transportation grant towards eco-friendly modes of travel for full-time employees.
- Internet at home for full-time employees.
At Alvotech, we are passionate about improving lives by increasing access to affordable biologics. We’re purpose-driven and committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse working environment that encourages curiosity, ingenuity, and simplicity. We want our employees to feel inspired in their careers, challenged by interesting and meaningful work and empowered to succeed in an agile environment.
True to our Icelandic roots, we also believe that integrity, gender equality, and fairness are foundational. We strive to bring together the brightest minds regardless of backgrounds and beliefs, to deliver to our partners and patients around the world. Let’s create a healthier world together, through affordable biologic medicines.
Sækja um starf
Submit application on Alvotech's Career Page: https://jobs.50skills.com/alvotech/en/19185