Digital Product Designer
Gangverk is looking for a talented and passionate Digital Product Designer to join our team. You will be working closely with creative, kind-hearted people in Reykjavik and New York who like to challenge conventional thinking.
- You are a customer focused, detail oriented and creative designer who thrives best when solving quite complicated UI/UX problems.
- You are a talented designer with some experience working in an iterative, collaborative environment where people come together on a regular basis to share design ideas.
- You have a proven ability to propose creative concepts during the initial project phase and the ability to deliver those ideas of others through detailed design.
- You have excellent presentation, communication and computer skills.
What you’ll be doing
- Work on early concepts, gather feedback, create prototypes and detailed designs using user research and industry best practices.
- Participate closely with your team through all product phases, from strategy to launch to optimization.
- 1-5 years in product design and development
- Working in a team environment
- Good knowledge of designs tools like Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD (Figma is our clear favorite)
- Experience with prototyping tool is a plus
- Flexible working hours and work from home policy
- Public transportation grant to travel to and from work
- Accrued mobile phone grants
- Exercise grant for employees to keep fit and healthy (There’s a small community of crossfitters, don’t worry they will tell you all about it)
- Healthy lunch delivered to the office (multiple options, including vegan) and on Fridays we go out for lunch
- Snacks and as many fruits as you can eat in the office (We try to keep it relatively healthy)
- Multiple tea and coffee options, espresso machine, nespresso or regular “uppáhellt”. There’s also an aeropress if that’s your thing
- Active fun committee and regular social gatherings to hang out with colleagues
- And more…
At Gangverk we welcome you for who you are, wherever you come from or whatever you look like. We welcome diversity and full heartedly believe that a versatile group of people can solve even the hardest problems.
Please note that a design portfolio is an essential part of your application, and a requirement to be considered for this role.
Sækja um starf
For any questions regarding this application, please contact Jonathan Gerlach at firstname.lastname@example.org