DevOps / Systems Engineer (AWS)
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site, and our Experiences business is a fast-growing part of the organization. With the world’s largest selection of bookable experiences coupled with unparalleled traveler insights, we’re evolving the entire attractions industry.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer to join our Systems Engineering / DevOps team. We are looking to fill a need for a highly competent and highly motivated individual to be part of the team driving Tripadvisor’s Amazon Web Services (AWS) setup and development.
As part of the Operations team, you’ll be on the frontlines of a rapidly growing infrastructure. We’re looking for a self-starter with deep OS knowledge as well as programming skills, and who has repeatable and sustainable systems management in mind. A successful candidate must bring hybrid software and system engineering experience and insight to help build, operate, and maintain our rapid-growing infrastructure.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the test and production AWS environments, set up powerful monitoring and alerting.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support once there.
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
- Be a DevOps champion – work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
- You will troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
- Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure services in AWS to deliver highly scalable services
Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they’re creating. A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis:
AWS (VPC, ELB, SQS, Beanstalk, container services, S3, RDS, Elasticache, API gateway, etc.)
- MySQL (AWS Aurora) & Postgres
- Play framework & Spring
Education, Skills & Experience
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience, with at least 3 years experience of Unix/Linux administration
- Strong experience building and maintaining production systems within the AWS ecosystem
- Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate everything
- Solid experience and background working with AWS services
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and thorough understanding of configuration management concepts.
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization tools
- A solid Ops foundation – you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails” when you build things
- Organized, good attention to details, and able to work both independently and with a team Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies like CircleCI
Comprehensive compensation package (with base salary, bonus & equity) + amazing benefits
Why work for Bokun and TripAdvisor?
Exceptional career opportunities. Incredible perks and benefits. Smart and collaborative co-workers… The list of reasons to join us at Bokun and TripAdvisor goes on and on. As one of the most recognisable brands in the world, millions of people love using our sites—and we love making their experience the best it can be! Come work for the world’s largest travel site and you’ll see what we mean.
Sækja um starf
Please send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org