Data Platform Product Manager
We’re looking for a detailed-orientated individual to join our growing project team as a Data Platform Product Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate and guide the development of a cloud native data platform. Reporting to the Analytics Director, this role will oversee and be accountable for highly functional data platform designs which meets detailed reporting requirements as well as robust analytical resources supporting projects being developed in both Europe and North America.
What You’ll Do
- Understand business requirements, identify and document objectives, goals and success measures
- Prioritize tasks for development team based on business requirements
- Responsible for current and new reporting requirement discovery effort.
- Own and manage the product backlog, and responsible for the forward-looking product roadmap
- Advocate for the data platform team within product and engineering, actively collaborating with other teams to ensure there is alignment.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with all development teams to ensure source data is processed and documented in accordance to master data management expectations.
- Ensure data engineering team is routinely aligned with project deliverables
- Work with project managers to ensure timelines and deliverables are clearly articulated and met.
- Communicate data needs to internal and external stakeholders and work closely with cross functional teams to guide delivery.
- Deliver regular updates on the product team and deliverables to internal and external stakeholders
- Peer review and collaboration in the design architecture, data pipelines and ETL/ELT, and data serving capabilities.
- Provide continuous input and guidance regarding but not limited to Security, Data Management, DataOps, Data Orchestration, Software Engineering.
- Manage ad hoc requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Miscellaneous tasks as requested by Analytics Director and Manager of Data Engineering
- Facilitate product demonstrations, presentations, and contribute toward product documentation
Who You Are
- A highly motivated self-starter with superb verbal and written communication skills
- A creative go-getter who dives in, takes the initiative and sees projects through to completion
- An analytical thinker who collects and analyzes data & insights to make sound decisions
- A team player with the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- A detail-oriented professional with the ability to prioritize tasks and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 3 years working in a data engineering or similar role
- Post-Secondary education in a field with an emphasis on statistical and analytical skills such as statistics, mathematics or computer science
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in SQL
- Familiarity with coding languages specific to data engineering such as Python
- Experience and interest in cloud native data platforms
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience and/or a keen interest in technology, digital applications and websites
- Experience working with multiple development teams
- Hands-on experience supporting data and data engineering life cycles
- Experience with Federated Governance and Master Data Management principles
Pollard Digital Solutions is a full-solution supplier of lottery management and iLottery technology for world-wide lottery markets. The company is owned by Pollard Banknote Ltd. – a leading partner to more than 60 lotteries worldwide, providing high quality instant ticket products, licensed games, retail merchandising solutions, and a full suite of digital offerings. Established in 1907 in Winnipeg, Canada, Pollard Banknote is owned approximately 66.7% by the Pollard family and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (PBL).
PDS’s objective is to deliver the most innovative solutions that will render industry-leading returns to good causes in an ethically responsible way. PDS emphasizes a friendly, lively and respectful workplace atmosphere, where team spirit is highly valued. We offer a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program and opportunities for professional development
Sækja um starf
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé in English to email@example.com
All applications will be handled with confidentiality. We thank all candidates that apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.