Computational Geometry Specialist
Treble Technologies is an Icelandic tech startup that develops sound simulation and spatial audio technology that is revolutionizing how sound is incorporated into the design of both the physical and the virtual world. Our technology is being used by some of the biggest and most prestigious companies in the world within tech, automotive, VR/AR and building industries, to realize next-generation audio experiences and reduce noise – which, according to the WHO, is the 2nd most harmful environmental factor affecting human health.
Treble is one of the fastest-growing startups in Iceland. Despite being a young company, we are hugely ambitious and have managed to assemble a group of highly sought-after talent from around the world. We are well-funded and have won numerous awards globally for our tech and vision. The team consists of a diverse group of specialists in audio/acoustics, software development, mathematical modeling, and business. Joining Treble at this stage means becoming a part of a lean, family-friendly, and fun, yet driven organization.
Computational Geometry Specialist
Are you passionate about geometry, 3D modeling, automating workflows and creating cutting-edge technology that has a massive impact? Do you want to help make the world a better-sounding and less noisy place?
We are seeking an experienced computational geometry specialist. As a part of our innovative product development team, you would be involved in creating solutions for seamlessly connecting any type of virtual environment to the Treble sound simulation and sound rendering platform. This is a key component in reaching our overarching vision of enabling the prediction and reproduction of accurate sound in any virtual 3D environment. In this position, you will be an important player on our multidisciplinary team of developers and will have a high degree of autonomy in the daily work, and the opportunity to influence both daily tasks and the strategic direction of the company.
You will be responsible for
● Our core specialist on computational geometry within Treble Technologies
● Developing novel geometry processing algorithms to enable simulation on complex and messy geometries
● Designing and developing geometry interface plugins for the Treble platform
● Supporting in other parts of the platform where geometry processing is needed, for example related to the frontend in our web-client or acoustic raytracing.
You would be great for this role if you have
● MSc, PhD or similar academic experience.
● An educational background in Computer Graphics, Architectural, Mechanical or Software Engineering.
● You don’t need to have experience with sound or acoustics.
● At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience, where Industry experience is a plus.
● You are proficient in Computational Geometry theory, data structure and algorithm development.
● Have strong software development skills, preferably advanced C++, Python experience, but C# and RUBY are also part of our tech-stack.
If you also have experience with the following, this is a plus
● Manipulation and visualization of IFC data.
● Geometry engines/libraries such as CGAL or other opensource or proprietary tools.
● Surface and volumetric meshing for finite element analysis.
● Building plugins and interacting with the datamodels of 3d modelling tools such as Rhino, Revit, Sketchup, but also CAD engines like Fusion360 and Solidworks.
● Building plugins and interacting with the datamodels of gaming engines and virtual world tools, such as Unity, Unreal or Omniverse.
● Practical experience with 3D modelling and BIM
● BIM360, Speckle, Twinmotion, IfcOpenShell, IFC.js or similar.
Even if you don’t meet every single requirement, we encourage you to apply! Studies have shown that women, non-binary individuals, and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Treble, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway, as we are growing, and a relevant role might come up soon!
What we offer
● Highly flexible and family-friendly workplace
● Great compensation and attractive stock options
● First class facilities and equipment – the best office in downtown Reykjavík (we think!)
● Amazing lunch
● Technology stipend
● Exceptional coffee
● Personal career coaching
● Reskilling/upskilling support, including a sizable budget for conferences
● Internet at-home package
● A code of conduct that fosters a safe and happy work environment.
● Advanced relocation package including flight tickets, housing search assistance, visa services, freight cost subsidization and adaptation tips
● Free parking garage access
● Language course grants
Where we are based
Treble Technologies headquarters in Hafnartorg (Kalkofnsvegur 2), Reykjavík, Iceland
Iceland consistently ranks as one of the best places in the world to live, life satisfaction is among the highest in the world, and the country is consistently rated the most peaceful in the world. Iceland also ranks at the top of the world in terms of gender equality. Reykjavík is a bustling capital, surrounded by stunning nature, with a sprawling arts and music scene, legendary nightlife, amazing culture, and top-notch cuisine. Foreign experts may be eligible for 25% tax deduction in Iceland.
Sækja um starf
Interested in finding out more? Visit our careers page
Our talent partner
We have partnered with Geko to support us with our talent growth. All applications will be filtered through to the team to ensure that we create a smooth, timely and unbiased process for everyone that is interested in working with us.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Kathryn - firstname.lastname@example.org