Icelandair is hiring a Backend Developer. We are looking for a talented individual to join our team and help us build data pipelines in Azure using tools such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, Azure Databricks, and more cutting-edge technologies on the horizon.
If you are a developer who thrives in a progressive digital environment and want to make a difference by contributing to the continued success of our company, then we welcome your application! Join us and become an integral part of the core teams responsible for continuously improving Icelandair’s customer experience and operational excellence with near real-time data pipelines.
Here’s a sneak peek of what you’ll be up to in this role:
- Design and develop event-driven data pipelines using Azure technologies and Kafka
- Modeling data schemas in a constantly evolving integrated database
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure efficient data processing
- Maintain and optimize existing pipelines to improve performance, keeping them performing like a well-oiled machine
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or something equally impressive
- Experience in backend development or data engineering
- Experience with above mentioned Azure stack, Azure DevOps, and .Net and/or Python is a plus
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, like SQL Server
We’re looking for someone with:
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills because we’re all in this together
- A willingness to learn new things and share existing knowledge
If you’re a passionate and experienced Backend Developer who wants to work with cutting-edge technology in an agile industry, we would love to hear from you!
Icelandair’s policy is to promote equality and diversity among employees and encourages individuals of all genders to apply.
Apply now to join Icelandair’s digital development team.
For further information please contact:
Finnur Kolbeinsson, Manager Integration Solutions, email@example.com
Kristján Pétur Sæmundsson, Talent Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is March 13th, 2023.
Sækja um starf