Back-End Software Developer
Controlant is looking to hire an experienced software developer to join our growing community in Controlant R&D. We are looking for quality-minded people with a solid track record in the development of scalable and reliable back-end services and APIs, eager to take on the challenge of helping to shape the future of our already successful world-leading monitoring solutions for the global pharma and food supply chain.
You will join the Core team, an autonomous Agile development team responsible for the development of our core infrastructure and managing device communications and data processing.
You will develop components for communicating with and processing data from hundreds of thousands of IoT devices worldwide, with emphasis on scalability and security to support our growth.
You will work across teams to align best practices and continuously improve the way we work and build solutions in Controlant R&D.
- Design and development of secure, scalable and reliable services handling device-to-cloud communication for our M2M monitoring devices
- Design and development of handlers responsible for processing real-time events and data aggregation using Kafka, Python and Java
- Design and development of internal services using C#/.NET Core
- B.Sc./M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or related field – or equivalent work experience
- Solid programming experience (e.g. C#, Java, Python, and C++)
- Experience in working with event streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka is a plus
- Practical knowledge of database systems and data architectures
- Experience and interest in designing and implementing modern APIs
- Analytical mindset and demonstrated strong problem-solving skills
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills
- Experience of working in a regulated environment a plus
Working at Controlant
We are a team of 50 R&D professionals working actively on the development of Controlant’s hardware and software, directly contributing to the success of our company. Development takes place in autonomous and interdisciplinary product teams building solutions following Agile development methodologies and relying on modern application lifecycle management systems. We offer support for professional and personal development, flexible working hours, and a friendly working environment in dynamic and highly motivated teams.
“I love working at Controlant! The work is diverse, fun and challenging and the most important thing, the people of Controlant are kind, hard workers and always willing to help.” – Margrét S. Kristjánsdóttir, Software Developer at Controlant
Who We Are:
At Controlant, we’re improving patient and consumer safety and reducing waste in the global supply chain. We’re building innovative cloud and IoT technologies that help businesses in the life sciences and food sectors gain more efficiency, deliver quality products at all levels of the cold chain, minimize global waste, and have a positive environmental impact.
What We Value:
Creativity: We believe in fostering creativity and innovation.
Transparency: We believe in transparency in our work and with our customers.
Excellence: We believe in high quality and setting the standard for excellence.
Fun: We believe in making work enjoyable; it keeps us coming back.
Controlant is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate.
Sækja um starf
Please submit your CV and cover letter in English, we would love to hear from you. See our careers page for further information about open positions at Controlant - Careers