50skills was founded to transform the way employers find, qualify, and onboard new hires. Our solution is used by thousands of HR managers and has processed hundreds of thousands of applications.
The solution saves employers time, money, and greatly enhances efficiency in all steps of the hiring process.
50skills is a young company in the first stages of growth, and we are looking for the right person to become an integral part of the team.
We want to have our workplace as diverse as possible and sincerely encourage all genders and ethnicities to apply.
Our offices are located at Gróska, Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Experience in back-end development
- Knowledgable in Python / Django
- Experience or interest using test-driven development
- Have a growth mindset
- Positive attitude
Nice to haves, experience with:
- Restful APIs
- SQL databases
- Knowledgable in modern component frameworks like React
- Working in HR related software
- Working in a startup or small company
Is this you?
We’re looking for someone with back-end skills who is or has the passion to grow into an expert in integrating with other systems in the HR tech.
You don’t like repetetive work and, but also know when abstracting something is the right thing to do.
You like the feeling of delivering testable and tested code.
Importantly, you’re a critical thinker and a problem solver. You are able to give and receive constructive criticism and challenge current solutions.
We’re a small team at 50skills and even though we all have our areas of expertise, we all wear many hats. You will do your best to help us improve internal processes, review code & designs and more.
Your area of expertise will be building our backend for our numeruous products as well as integrating with other solutions in the HR space.
You’d be working with an experienced team in Python and Django with some React and TypeScript sprinkled in there if you find yourself venturing into the front-end.
Within a month, you should:
- Have completed a company onboarding program. You will learn everything about 50skills, our culture, partners, how we operate and get to know everyone on our team
- Have developed a good understanding of our tech-stack, product and service offering, as well as R&D projects and how they contribute to our future growth
Within a few months, you should:
- Have an understanding of our product and future vision
- Have a full understanding of our development processes
- Helped contributed to the creation of new processes or improved old ones
- Started to contribute to development projects
Perks & Benefits
We have a family friendly work environment with a flexible work from home policy.
You get to pick the equipment you need or want to feel comfortable working.
Gym membership (which happens to be in the same building)
and paid internet to your mobile and home.
Lunch at the office, currently delivered but a food hall is opening up in the building. We have a weekly team lunch at a location of a members choosing.
Sækja um starf
50skills is looking to add a back-end developer to our fast-growing team