Sr. DevOps/Systems Engineer – AWS Cloud
If you are a DevOps or Systems Engineer with Linux experience in AWS, please read on.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and motivated Sr. Systems Engineer to join our Systems Engineering / DevOps team in Reykjavik. We are looking to fill a need for a highly competent and highly motivated individual to be part of the team driving Bokun’s Amazon Web Services setup and development.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the test and production AWS environments, set up powerful monitoring and alerting.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support once there.
- Gain a deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
- Be a DevOps champion – work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
- Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
- Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure services in AWS to deliver highly scalable services
- Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they’re creating. A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis:
- AWS (VPC, ELB, SQS, Beanstalk, container services, S3, RDS, Elasticache, API gateway, etc.)
- MySQL (AWS Aurora) & Postgres
- Play framework & Spring
Education, Skills & Experience
- 3 years of Unix/Linux administration
- Very strong scripting and automation skills – you believe you can automate everything
- Solid experience and background working with AWS services
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- A solid Ops foundation – you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails” when you build things
- Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies like CircleCI
Bonus points if you
- Have worked with Big Data processing and query-ing
- Have experience with Docker or ECS
- Have experience with MySQL or Postgres
- Have experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash
Sækja um starf
To apply, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org